Leveraging Shopping Behavior to Drive Traffic and Sales
When over 80% of your consumers believe that shopping in your stores is an opportunity to focus completely on themselves, it's a great opportunity to differentiate your brand and drive traffic and sales at the same time.
In a category with fierce competition from both department and specialty stores such as Sephora, we were challenged to build the Ulta Beauty brand, drive traffic, improve comp store goals AND launch new stores in markets by crafting a cohesive brand narrative.
Women told us that you can never underestimate the power and fun of “the browse.” Our in-depth qualitative and quantitative research revealed that shopping for beauty products offered women a rare respite: “me time.” Eighty-six percent of our research respondents agreed that when they’re in a cosmetics store they’re not “on duty.” This occasion was one time they had permission to think completely for themselves, not multitask with grocery lists, work spreadsheets or carpooling. This insight led to the campaign “Lose Yourself,” which brings to life the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery in Ulta Beauty stores.
The campaign comes to life across channels, from in-store and online to TV, print and digital display. The campaign is helping to redefine customer experience at Ulta Beauty — both in person and via its e-commerce website.
After a successful test market launch that drove strong brand awareness gains, the new campaign is rolling out nationwide across channels.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017