Leveraging Shopping Behavior to Drive Traffic and Sales
When over 80% of your consumers believe that shopping in your stores is an opportunity to focus completely on themselves, it's a great opportunity to differentiate your brand and drive traffic and sales at the same time.
In a category with fierce competition from both department and specialty stores such as Sephora, we were challenged to build the Ulta Beauty brand, drive traffic, improve comp store goals AND launch new stores in markets by crafting a cohesive brand narrative.
Women told us that you can never underestimate the power and fun of “the browse.” Our in-depth qualitative and quantitative research revealed that shopping for beauty products offered women a rare respite: “me time.” Eighty-six percent of our research respondents agreed that when they’re in a cosmetics store they’re not “on duty.” This occasion was one time they had permission to think completely for themselves, not multitask with grocery lists, work spreadsheets or carpooling. This insight led to the campaign “Lose Yourself,” which brings to life the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery in Ulta Beauty stores.
The campaign comes to life across channels, from in-store and online to TV, print and digital display. The campaign is helping to redefine customer experience at Ulta Beauty — both in person and via its e-commerce website.
After a successful test market launch that drove strong brand awareness gains, the new campaign is rolling out nationwide across channels.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018