Deutsch NY and the Ad Council Create New Campaign Around Heart Disease in Women
The new PSA campaign includes radio, print, outdoor and online. It depicts a strong, resolute woman breaking barriers through different decades and demonstrates that women can do anything men can – including dying from heart disease and stroke. Audiences are directed to GoRedForWomen.org where they can sign up to be members, learn about heart disease, their risk for developing it and find tools for living healthier, longer lives. An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease and stroke, resulting in over 400,000 deaths each year, according to the American Heart Association.
Knowing the risk factors and taking simple steps like not smoking, getting regular physical activity, eating a heart-healthy diet and monitoring blood pressure, women can decrease their chances of heart disease.
“Heart disease and stroke claim the life of nearly one woman in the United States every minute,” said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council. “But many women continue to believe the disease is one that just targets men or the elderly, so they’re not taking action to reduce their risk. Together with our longstanding partner, the American Heart Association, we know that this new campaign will have a life-saving impact.”
“We are excited to partner with the Ad Council and the American Heart Association on this program—it is a real wake up call to women that heart disease is not just a man’s disease and can be prevented,"ʺ said Val DiFebo, CEO, Deutsch NY. “We hope the work will motivate women to take action, and to help change the current stats on this silent killer. We know with the right resources, we can make a profound impact."
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017