FCB South Africa to Create Eco-civic Flag Visible from Space
FCB South Africa is planning to create a giant flag for South Africa that can be seen from space. The Giant Flag Project is designed to foster national pride and improve the lives of people in need, while also aiming to make a lasting impact on South Africa’s economy and environment.
The flag is expected to cover 165 acres of land and will be created using solar panels, cacti and succulent plants. In addition to the sheer magnitude of the project, the flag is designed to have an environmental impact. The solar panels will be able to power 4,000 homes and harvest rainwater, while the plants are expected to offset roughly 90,000 tons of carbon emissions annually. The initiative is expected to provide more than 700 jobs in the municipality, supporting tourism and hospitality (among other businesses) now and in the future.
The cost of the project is anticipated to be about $20 million with $2 million needed to begin the initiative. To cover the cost of the project, FCB South Africa has turned to crowd funding and corporate efforts.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017