UM’s Blood Donation App Is Helping to Save Lives
To increase blood donations in Singapore, UM and the Red Cross created a strategy based on the notion that people want to do the right thing and would donate blood if they knew a life was in danger. The result of this collaboration was an app, the “Red Cross Connection,” which operates through a user’s Facebook account.
When blood is needed, shareable alerts are sent to followers. Users can then donate, and importantly, share the alert with their social networks. The app won top honors at the Singapore Media Awards, including the grand prix, best social media campaign and best youth marketing campaign.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017