IPG Agencies “Move Warmth For Better” With Western Union
FCB Mayo worked with Western Union to develop a program to showcase Western Union’s services in a unique way, while helping improve lives in the process. Rather than transferring money, this initiative used a “goodwill transfer” that allowed for the sharing of knowledge between two distant communities. “Moving Warmth For Better” brought together the residents of Lampa, Peru, and Waskaganish, Canada. Despite the great distance between these two communities, they share a common problem — living in extremely cold temperatures.
“Moving Warmth for Better” connected the residents of Lampa, Peru, and Waskaganish, Canada, to share knowledge about home insulation and nutrient-rich foods available in cold climates. Two Waskaganish residents (Virginia Wabano, the president of the Cree Women of Eeyou Istchee Association, and Lillian Trapper, an animal hide specialist) traveled to Peru to meet with the Quechua community in Lampa. These two women showed residents how to use animal hides to protect their homes from the cold during the winter, and in return, the residents of Lampa shared quinoa, a nutrient-rich food well suited for Waskaganish’s cold climate and remote location.
MediaConnection, the Peru office of BPN, is working to generate buzz around "Moving Warmth for Better." The agency helped place a national story on "Dia D," one of the most influential news programs in Peru. The crew from "Dia D" traveled with representatives of the Wasakaganish community to Lampa and filmed the meeting between the Peruvians and Canadians.
Western Union describes the program as “one of our most valuable transfers: an exchange of knowledge between two cultures that, unknown to them, was needed to solve their problems.” The process was captured on video for an online spot. “Moving Warmth for Better” is the beginning of a larger campaign for Western Union, which promises to “carry out exchanges between different cities throughout the world, for the sole purpose of attaining the common good.”
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017