Area 23 Launches “State of Diabetes” Campaign
To spark conversation and raise awareness around Type 2 diabetes, Area 23 and The diaTribe Foundation teamed up to launch the “State of Diabetes” campaign. This campaign petitions the United Nations (UN) to recognize Type 2 diabetes as a sovereign nation — the number of people living with type 2 diabetes could form the world’s third-largest nation.
The campaign kicked off on World Diabetes Day, November 14, 2014, and focuses on a microsite, thestateofdiabetes.org, which encourages individuals to sign a petition for the UN. Accompanying the microsite are ads and a PSA video featuring artists Henry Hargreaves and Caitlin Levin and the art they donated to the cause. In addition to the microsite, on World Diabetes Day, agencies distributed flyers to various embassies to help educate country representatives of the UN, and in San Francisco a team conducted community outreach in public schools.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017