Area 23 Launches “State of Diabetes” Campaign
To spark conversation and raise awareness around Type 2 diabetes, Area 23 and The diaTribe Foundation teamed up to launch the “State of Diabetes” campaign. This campaign petitions the United Nations (UN) to recognize Type 2 diabetes as a sovereign nation — the number of people living with type 2 diabetes could form the world’s third-largest nation.
The campaign kicked off on World Diabetes Day, November 14, 2014, and focuses on a microsite, thestateofdiabetes.org, which encourages individuals to sign a petition for the UN. Accompanying the microsite are ads and a PSA video featuring artists Henry Hargreaves and Caitlin Levin and the art they donated to the cause. In addition to the microsite, on World Diabetes Day, agencies distributed flyers to various embassies to help educate country representatives of the UN, and in San Francisco a team conducted community outreach in public schools.
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017