Lowe Lintas and Lifebuoy Help Children Reach Their Fifth Birthday
Lowe Lintas and Unilever’s Lifebuoy soap teamed up to create an awareness campaign around a global movement to teach good hand-washing habits. Each year, in India, over two million children die before their 5th birthday due to infections that can be prevented by simple hand washing with soap. The campaign was launched with a groundbreaking, 3-minute film, created by Lowe Lintas, that tells the moving story of a father’s celebration of his son reaching the age of five.
Thesgora, India has one of the highest incidences of diarrhea among children, and is the first village supported by this campaign. Since the implementation in 2013, mothers in Thesgora stated that diarrhea incidences fell from 36% to 5% in children under 5 years of age, as soap use went up from one to three times a day. Lifebuoy worked directly with school children, neonatal moms and community groups to encourage hand washing with soap at key occasions—before eating, after using the toilet and when bathing. Additionally, to date, 356,093 children have been reached through donations. Every time the film is shared, Lifebuoy donates 1 Indian Rupee.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018