Lowe Lintas and Lifebuoy Help Children Reach Their Fifth Birthday
Lowe Lintas and Unilever’s Lifebuoy soap teamed up to create an awareness campaign around a global movement to teach good hand-washing habits. Each year, in India, over two million children die before their 5th birthday due to infections that can be prevented by simple hand washing with soap. The campaign was launched with a groundbreaking, 3-minute film, created by Lowe Lintas, that tells the moving story of a father’s celebration of his son reaching the age of five.
Thesgora, India has one of the highest incidences of diarrhea among children, and is the first village supported by this campaign. Since the implementation in 2013, mothers in Thesgora stated that diarrhea incidences fell from 36% to 5% in children under 5 years of age, as soap use went up from one to three times a day. Lifebuoy worked directly with school children, neonatal moms and community groups to encourage hand washing with soap at key occasions—before eating, after using the toilet and when bathing. Additionally, to date, 356,093 children have been reached through donations. Every time the film is shared, Lifebuoy donates 1 Indian Rupee.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017