FCB Ulka Helps Educate Girls in India
In most parts of India, the birth of a girl is considered a curse. Not surprisingly, for underprivileged girls, education and a chance at a meaningful career is not in the cards. But, NGO Salaam Bombay is fighting to change that.
To help Salaam Bombay garner corporate support for education programs for girls, FCB Ulka, created “Project Resume,” a heart-warming campaign that illustrates the hopes and dreams of Indian girls. In the campaign, as quick-cut images of poor girls are shown peddling wares on dirty streets, three of Salaam Bombay’s best-and-brightest prospects are shown working with a recruitment firm on their resumes—resumes crafted from their dreams and ambitions. Their credentials land them job interviews, and to the surprise of HR professionals and company leaders, it is young girls they find before them in the interview, not the seasoned professionals they expected to see. It is these corporate leaders who soon realize that they can play a critical role in making these dreams a reality.
In the first month following this campaign, enough money was raised by corporate donations to educate more than 200 girls.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017