Golin Provides PR Support for “Gay Sweater’s” Fashion Week Debut
Golin worked with The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) to provide PR support for the launch of the world’s first and only “gay” object” – a sweater knit from the donated hair of more than 100 LGBT people which had its debut during Toronto Fashion Week.
The “Gay Sweater” was created to communicate that it is incorrect and offensive to use language like “that’s so gay” as a negative descriptor. #TheGaySweater also aims to raise awareness of the detrimental effects that such misuse of the word gay has on LGBT youth.
Along with the sweater, a short film gives voice to youth who have been impacted by the derogatory use of the word ‘gay’ and showcases the process that went into creating the one-of-a-kind sweater. Readers can follow that conversation and all sweater-related content on the website and by searching the hashtag #TheGaySweater.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017