Golin Provides PR Support for “Gay Sweater’s” Fashion Week Debut
Golin worked with The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) to provide PR support for the launch of the world’s first and only “gay” object” – a sweater knit from the donated hair of more than 100 LGBT people which had its debut during Toronto Fashion Week.
The “Gay Sweater” was created to communicate that it is incorrect and offensive to use language like “that’s so gay” as a negative descriptor. #TheGaySweater also aims to raise awareness of the detrimental effects that such misuse of the word gay has on LGBT youth.
Along with the sweater, a short film gives voice to youth who have been impacted by the derogatory use of the word ‘gay’ and showcases the process that went into creating the one-of-a-kind sweater. Readers can follow that conversation and all sweater-related content on the website and by searching the hashtag #TheGaySweater.
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017