IPG Presents 2015 Inclusion Awards
On Thursday, July 30, Interpublic Group will host the company’s annual IPG Inclusion Awards program in New York City. The event is sponsored by the IPG Multicultural Employee Resource Groups for Excellence (MERGE), and will honor agencies and individuals from IPG’s U.S. network that have shown leadership in advancing the company’s goal of being one of the world’s most diverse and inclusive companies.
Grammy-nominated comedian Tig Notaro will serve as the Master of Ceremonies and host. The awards program will include remarks from Michael Roth, IPG’s Chairman and CEO, and Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer. Hundreds of Interpublic agency and corporate employees are expected to attend the live event in New York with more viewing the webcast in Austin, Boston, Chicago, El Segundo, Los Angeles, McClean, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Washington, West Hollywood and Winston-Salem.
”Our efforts in this important area are a key differentiator for IPG,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “The IPG Inclusion Awards program is an important event that recognizes the outstanding efforts of IPG employees and agencies in the diversity and inclusion space and how they are making a difference for our employees. The work of the individuals and companies being honored today is what helps move the needle for us as well as our clients and communities in terms of diversity,” he continued.
According to Heide Gardner, SVP and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, “Each year we receive outstanding nominations for the IPG Inclusion Awards and this year is no exception. It is inspirational to see how many of our employees and agencies are walking the walk and making a difference in terms of diversity and inclusion.”
Interpublic agencies and employees were invited to submit entries for the nine award categories. Submissions were then judged by MERGE leadership.
The 2015 IPG honorees are:
- Community Partnership– Jack Morton Worldwide
- Inclusive Talent Cultivation – ID Media
- Inclusive Marketing Initiative of the Year – R/GA
- Communication and Education Initiative (Tie) – IPG Mediabrands and Octagon
- Most Effective Diverse Consumer Insights (New award category) – UM
- Multicultural Agency/Practice of the Year – Octagon Access
- Individual Champion of Inclusion (Tie) – Kim Getty, President, Deutsch LA and Stacy Janicki, Director of Account Management, Senior Partner, Carmichael Lynch
- Agency Champion of Inclusion (Tie) – Carmichael Lynch and ID Media
- Chief Diversity Officer/Human Resources Leader of the Year (Tie) – Ed Huerta-Margotta, Director of Talent Acquisition, Carmichael Lynch and Danielle Dorter, SVP, Director of Human Resources, ID Media/BPN
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018