MRM//McCann Stockholm and an Emoji Help Plant Trees in Africa
To encourage tree planting in Eastern Africa, MRM//McCann Stockholm and Vi Agroforestry, which fights poverty and improves the environment though tree planting, are bringing a tree emoji to life. To encourage and simplify donations, a specially designed tree emoji was created and Vi Agroforestry will plant a tree in eastern Africa for each emoji a donor texts. Each tree emoji is equivalent to a donation of 2 US Dollars – which is the sum Vi Agroforestry needs to plant a real tree in eastern Africa. The campaign was launched on social media, starting with Facebook.
MRM//McCann Stockholm teamed up with a technical provider in cellular technology to bring the emoji campaign to life. Their user-friendly solution makes it possible for individuals to donate through the use of the tree emoji, replacing complicated SMS codes. MRM//McCann also provided digital and social media services as well as outdoor creative media.
Vi Agroforestry works with with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organizations in the Lake Victoria basin in East Africa. Sustainable agriculture and agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income for local residents. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has helped plant more than 100 million trees and improved the livelihoods of 1.8 million individuals.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017