MRM//McCann Stockholm and an Emoji Help Plant Trees in Africa
To encourage tree planting in Eastern Africa, MRM//McCann Stockholm and Vi Agroforestry, which fights poverty and improves the environment though tree planting, are bringing a tree emoji to life. To encourage and simplify donations, a specially designed tree emoji was created and Vi Agroforestry will plant a tree in eastern Africa for each emoji a donor texts. Each tree emoji is equivalent to a donation of 2 US Dollars – which is the sum Vi Agroforestry needs to plant a real tree in eastern Africa. The campaign was launched on social media, starting with Facebook.
MRM//McCann Stockholm teamed up with a technical provider in cellular technology to bring the emoji campaign to life. Their user-friendly solution makes it possible for individuals to donate through the use of the tree emoji, replacing complicated SMS codes. MRM//McCann also provided digital and social media services as well as outdoor creative media.
Vi Agroforestry works with with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organizations in the Lake Victoria basin in East Africa. Sustainable agriculture and agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income for local residents. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has helped plant more than 100 million trees and improved the livelihoods of 1.8 million individuals.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018