DeVries SLAM Supports Women’s Issues Via Bold is Beautiful
In the UK, DeVries SLAM helped Benefit Cosmetics to launch its first global philanthropy program: The Bold Is Beautiful Project. The initiative was designed to raise vital funds and awareness for charities supporting women and girls.
Throughout the month of May, Benefit donated one hundred percent of profits from its brow wax services to Look Good Feel Better, an organization that helps women and teenagers combat the visible side effects of cancer treatment, and Refuge which supports women and children escaping domestic violence.
TV and radio presenter, Sarah-Jane Crawford was the campaign ambassador and led 500 women on a fundraising march through the streets of London. Participants were encouraged to start with minimal makeup, stopping at checkpoints along the way to receive beauty touch-ups to their skin, lips, eyes, and of course, eyebrows, courtesy of Benefit Cosmetics.
With the help of 45,000 women visiting their local Benefit Brow Bars throughout May, Benefit donated £262,000 to the two charities. The UK total contributed to a global total of $2,480,000 USD.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017