Safepoint Trust LifeSavers
Children around the world in developing countries were contracting HIV through contaminated reusable syringes. Marc Koska, the inventor of the K1 single-use syringe -- the LifeSaver -- and founder of SafePoint Charity, had been trying to convince the healthcare profession to move from standard syringes to auto destruct syringes for 30 years with relatively little impact. He came to McCann Health to help him convince the World Health Organization that this syringe should be adopted globally.
Health workers saw syringes as a commodity and the drugs inside them as the important part. Governments and manufacturers saw a switch to re-usable syringes as unimportant.
McCann Health created The LifeSaver campaign which encapsulated the need for the auto-destruct syringe and placed arguments in front of decision makers and influencers in simple graphic form to change the way drugs are administered. This powerful, creative and impactful work resulted in a change in behaviour as well as a change of policy.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017