Safepoint Trust LifeSavers
Children around the world in developing countries were contracting HIV through contaminated reusable syringes. Marc Koska, the inventor of the K1 single-use syringe -- the LifeSaver -- and founder of SafePoint Charity, had been trying to convince the healthcare profession to move from standard syringes to auto destruct syringes for 30 years with relatively little impact. He came to McCann Health to help him convince the World Health Organization that this syringe should be adopted globally.
Health workers saw syringes as a commodity and the drugs inside them as the important part. Governments and manufacturers saw a switch to re-usable syringes as unimportant.
McCann Health created The LifeSaver campaign which encapsulated the need for the auto-destruct syringe and placed arguments in front of decision makers and influencers in simple graphic form to change the way drugs are administered. This powerful, creative and impactful work resulted in a change in behaviour as well as a change of policy.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017