McCann and Microsoft Work to Encourage Girls in Science
Only 11% of executives within Silicon Valley’s top 150 tech companies are women. As a member of the science & technology community, Microsoft felt accountable to address this underrepresentation.
Research revealed that the bias prevalent in today’s tech environment stemmed from gender stereotypes introduced during childhood – majority of high school girls were interested in science but only few went on to pursue it. They quit because they felt discouraged and isolated, believing it to be a “boy’s thing.”
Our brief – Challenge the gender stereotypes and inspire young girls to remain confident in their love of science. And since change starts from within, the initiative was triggered from within Microsoft and titled: Recruiting 2027.
Recruiting 2027 pairs young girls with female role models within Microsoft who volunteer to offer personal guidance. The initiative was introduced through a launch video that directed young viewers to an email address that connected girls directly with role models at Microsoft participating in Recruiting 2027.
Recruiting 2027 aims to nurture and inspire the next generation of female scientists. It is the first step on our journey to closing the gender gap in tech by 2027.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017