UM Puerto Rico Develops New Approach to Reach L’Oréal Paris Consumers
To combat Puerto Rico’s recession and price war in the beauty category, UM Puerto Rico and McCann’s Beauty Team in San Juan joined forces to create an interactive solution for L’Oréal Paris that would drive numbers and educate consumers on the added value of investing in L’Oréal Paris products.
58% of women mobile users on the island— L’Oréal’s target audience—utilize WhatsApp, a cross-platform messaging app. Understanding the target’s preference for a personable, shopping experience, UM created “Chic Chat,” a free service via WhatsApp, that provides direct access to L’Oréal Paris beauty experts for customers – while they are shopping! When using the service, beauty experts give product advice, beauty tips, and help in making purchasing decisions.
- Chic Chat helped L’Oréal Paris increase sales by 3% across all brand categories compared to the previous year.
- Most of the women who contacted Chic Chat said they were going to buy the product or products recommended during the chat. And, 17% wrote back and sent pictures!
- The program was 90% more affordable and cost-effective than previous efforts to mobilize experts.
- Chic Chat was able to impact 100% of stores.
Chic Chat has received several honors including the Gold for Best Engagement Strategy and a Bronze for Best Use of Mobile at the Festival of Media LatAm; a Bronze in the mobile category at the Cuspide Festival; and Best Use of Mobile Platforms at the SME Digital Forum Awards.
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017