Lowe + Partners Johannesburg Helps Launch Surgeons for Little Lives
Nearly 1300 children die in South Africa from burn incidents each year, and many more are hospitalized and scarred for life. Lowe + Partners is working to change this.
In partnership with Lowe + Partners Johannesburg, surgeons from Johannesburg’s public hospitals launched “Surgeons for Little Lives” to improve the lives of hospitalized burn victims, and to assist parents whose lives have been disrupted by the trauma.
All the media, marketing and brand work for “Surgeons for Little Lives” is being produced by Lowe. The agency has already raised R200,000 by getting 10 amateur cyclists (some of them surgeons) to raise money through sponsorships for the joBerg2c multistage mountain bike race, for which Lowe designed the kit and produced audio visual material for the 9-day stage event.
“We live in an environment that demands a compassionate response from the people who work in it. When we heard about what the surgeons wanted to do for children, and the parents of children at Baragwanath [Hospital], we didn’t have to think twice,” says Bruce Anderson, Executive Creative Director of Lowe Johannesburg.
"Surgeons for Little Lives" aims to make a difference in the lives of this country’s most precious assets. To support the cause, visit: http://www.surgeonsforlittlelives.org/#/donate
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017