Deutsch And the NiceBot Encourage Kindness on Twitter
Every 60 seconds, something mean, cruel or hurtful is posted on Twitter. To combat this negativity, Champions Against Bullying and Deutsch teamed up to give Twitter a dose of positivity by creating The NiceBot, whose goal is simply to spread kindness and happiness.
Using a specially designed API, the NiceBot has been programmed to pair one random nice message with one random Twitter user’s handle. It sends a single message out as an @ reply, and then moves on to the next user on its list.
The goal is to tweet one nice message to every single user of Twitter—all 200 million of them. And while it will take a while, the NiceBot is determined to make the Internet a nicer place – one tweet at a time.
In addition to the Twitter component, actual 3D printed NiceBots have been sent to a number of celebrity influencers who have taken public stands against cyberbullying. Each NiceBot is powered by a Raspberry Pi and equipped with a 4G connection and an LCD screen in the chest, and will live-tweet the nice messages as they go out in real time on Twitter.
Jeff Vinick, ECD at Deutsch spoke to Adweek about the campaign recently.
"The idea for the NiceBot came about when we found a pretty interesting stat—something mean, cruel or hurtful is posted on Twitter every 60 seconds. That kind of relentless negativity is hard to combat," explained Vinick. “We started thinking about different ways to be nice to as many people as possible, and a spambot seemed like a good solution.”
Vinick says the reaction has been great so far. "People seem to be happy receiving a simple message of positivity to brighten their day," he says. "The NiceBot's mission is to spread niceness to everyone it can. It doesn't worry about the response. It simply thinks everyone is deserving of kindness."
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017