FCB Toronto Works to Stop Domestic Violence
Christmas windows are a big part of the holiday season. This year, with the help of FCB Toronto, one holiday window is providing more than just window dressing. Working with The Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses (OAITH), a provincial coalition founded by women’s shelter advocates and Yellow Brick House, an OAITH member shelter located in the York region area of North of Toronto, the agency launched “The Window Project.”
The “Window Project” shows a store window display that looks typical at first glance, but, upon further inspection, proves quite unique. It depicts a family of mannequins around a Christmas table – the couple and their two children look peaceful, but the mannequins are rigged to a mechanical system that creates a very different scene: every 12 seconds, the father raises his hand to the mother, and she and the children recoil in fear.
Viewers are empowered to stop the violence – both in the window and the broader population – by making an SMS donation to OAITH. This action immediately stops the abuse in the scene for 60 seconds. By raising awareness and funds, the program aims to bring an end to abuse for good.
While the holidays are a happy time for many, the campaign is especially timely because incidences of domestic violence are shown to increase by as much as 30 per cent during the holidays.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017