Huge is Helping Prep Kids for College by Texting Them
In a joint effort between Huge, Civic Nation and the White House’s Office of Public Engagement, the team has created “Up Next,” a program that reaches high school students in the most effective way possible – by texting them!
The initiative is aimed at preparing students for the transition from high school to college—it’s essentially a digital guidance counselor that sends them reminders via text. High school juniors and seniors can sign up for the program and "Up Next" will push them precisely timed messages about preparing for the SAT/ACT, and applying for school and financial aid. The idea being that if you give students information exactly when they need it, they’ll be less likely to forget about it or brush it aside.
The program was created after the U.S. government realized that much of the $150 billion in government money offered annually for student aid was going untouched. And Huge’s research showed that the money was largely going unused because students were unsure of how to access aid forms, and when to fill them out.
The new system will provide timely text remdiners – for example, 10 days before the FAFSA application is available, students will receive a reminder text that it is time to start preparing. Each text is accompanied with a link that directs students to a personalized “Up Next" website, with additional information and timing for tasks.
This program is currently in beta testing. In the next phase for “Up Next,” Huge plans to roll out more tasks that guide college students through the process of paying back their loans.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018