MullenLowe Reveals Gender Stereotyping in Action
MullenLowe London worked with Inspiring the Future to create a film that reveals the reality of gender stereotyping amongst primary school children. Released exactly one week from International Women’s Day, the two-minute film highlights why we need to redraw the balance.
In the film, “Redraw the Balance,” three female “teachers” ask the students to draw a surgeon, a firefighter and a fighter pilot. The children drew 66 pictures in total, with only five depicting women. They are then asked if they would like to meet real-life versions of these drawings and are surprised when the women they thought were teachers return to the classroom in their uniforms revealing their true professions as a surgeon, a firefighter and a pilot.
Inspring the Future is urging people to share the film with friends and colleagues and raise awareness of how much needs to be done to tackle gender stereotyping. To make a difference volunteers can sign up here and pledge just one hour to chat with children about their careers.
“It’s our responsibility as working professionals, as well educators, to encourage and inspire young minds that the majority of jobs and roles today are available for women, and not just men. These young minds are our future,” commented Richard Denney, ECD of MullenLowe London
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017