IPG Shows Solidarity with Victims of Terrorism
Michael Roth, IPG's Chairman and CEO, issued the following note to staff this morning:
The deadly attacks in Brussels this morning are shocking and deeply saddening. Our thoughts go out to all of those affected. Thankfully, indications are that our colleagues in that city are safe and accounted for.
France’s President François Hollande noted that, “Through the Brussels attacks, it is the whole of Europe that is hit.” Even more so, we are all touched by these devastating events, which are unfortunately becoming more commonplace across every continent. Today’s news, coupled with the recent attacks in Turkey and related strife in Kenya, Nigeria and the Middle East, reminds us once again how important it is for each of us to support one another during such trying and uncertain times. Because ultimately, what is at issue is the freedom of expression and openness to a diversity of thought that are central to so many cultures, as well as to a business like ours, which is based on ideas.
For the time being, Brussels is essentially at a standstill, with all flights in and out of the city canceled and nearly all public transportation ceased. We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation there, and keep you posted on any changes in travel restrictions.
We are supporting our agency teams in Brussels, who have been directly affected by today’s atrocities, but if you have additional questions or needs, please reach out to IPG’s director of crisis preparedness, Casey Tinnesz.
We are, of course, thinking of our friends and colleagues in Brussels and throughout the world who have been affected by terrorism. We share our deepest sympathies and our solidarity with them.
-- Michael Roth
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018