MullenLowe Launches Powerful Video for Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Would you tolerate your cab driver drinking and driving?
In a new PSA for the Safe Roads Alliance, MullenLowe created a hidden-camera PSA to coincide with National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. The campaign shows passengers getting angry with their cabbie who is drinking while driving, yet captures their indifference when the cabbie is texting and driving.
According to the National Safety Council, talking on the phone increases your risk of an accident by four times, and texting and driving increases accident risk anywhere from eight to 23 times.
"People text and drive. These same people know that texting and driving is a bad idea. Yet, in a classic case of 'It won't happen to me,' they continue to do it," says MullenLowe Creative Director, John Kearse. "Far more people are injured in distracting driving accidents than drunk driving. Obviously, drunk driving is nothing to joke about, and is something any reasonable person would classify as a terrible idea. Why do we view texting and driving differently?”
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017