MRM//McCann Finds A Sweet Way to Talk About Inequality
Women could finally get a bigger slice of the pie, thanks to a new campaign from MRM//McCann Romania working with French bakery, Paul. “Bittersweet Pies,” features cakes decorated like pie charts with statistics on the uneven representation of women in in Romania.
According to a 2015 World Economic Forum study, Romania ranks very low among European Union countries when it comes to gender equality. Although the country passed a “Law of Equality of Opportunity among Men and Women” in 2012, not much progress has been made. The country was rated 114 out of 145 in political equality and also received a low score in health and finance.
The challenge for MRM//McCann was to come up with a way to create awareness of this important social issue, while also helping to change it. Since research showed that women consume sweets more than men, the cake line is geared toward females, with the goal of sparking household conversations about gender inequality and encouraging women to take steps that will help give them the same rights as men.
Along with promoting conversation, the Bittersweet line will encourage women to develop their skills and land better jobs. Five percent of sales will be donated to FILIA, a non-profit focused on women’s issues. FILIA will use the funds to train rural women and prepare them for modern careers.
All Paul locations in Romania will offer these tasty and informative treats, which are available in five varieties and illustrate issues such as wage gap, representation in politics, entrepreneurship and job titles. Together, MRM//McCann Romania and Paul hope to raise awareness of gender inequality in Romania and also reduce the gender gap – one slice at a time.
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Web of Fries - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018