McCann’s FP7/Cairo and Unilever Support “I Am My Veil”
Ninety percent of Egyptian women are veiled. Their veil is solemn and important, carrying with it religious significance – it is also a key part of their identity as women and as individuals. But, despite being a majority, these women are often treated as a minority, even by brands; Egyptian brands do not show veiled women in their advertising.
As one of the leading voices in the region, McCann’s FP7/Cairo, along with client, Unilever, have launched an initiative called, “3ala rasy,” which means, “I Am My Veil,” to empower veiled women in Egypt. “I Am My Veil” is changing how veiled women see themselves, turning an icon of restriction into one of empowerment. To create this initiative, FP7 partnered with Facebook in Egypt and developed a film that has garnered 5.3 million views and become of the most watched and talked about pieces of content on social medial across Egypt.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017