UNHCR And MullenLowe Philippines Bring Attention to Refugee Crisis
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Philippines and MullenLowe Philippines launched the UNHome Button - an innovative web browser interruption to make Filipinos more aware of the refugee crisis.
When users click the home button on participating partner sites, they are redirected to a faux “error” page, temporarily preventing them from “going home.” They are given the option to proceed to the home page, or instead, learn more about the refugee crisis and how they can help, at the UNHCR landing page. Partner sites include Cebu Pacific and Elpidio Quirino.
The UNHCR has been working tirelessly to help the millions of refugees who have been displaced by conflict and persecution. But most Filipinos are literally and figuratively removed from the refugee crisis. MullenLowe Philippines understood that in order to maximize the impact of a campaign, something more than a social media campaign or website redo was in order. And so the idea of the UNHome Button was born. It mimics for Filipinos the experience of not being able to go home. MullenLowe helped forge partnerships with local websites and bloggers to transform their home buttons into tools for social change – home is no longer just a click away.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017