UNHCR And MullenLowe Philippines Bring Attention to Refugee Crisis
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Philippines and MullenLowe Philippines launched the UNHome Button - an innovative web browser interruption to make Filipinos more aware of the refugee crisis.
When users click the home button on participating partner sites, they are redirected to a faux “error” page, temporarily preventing them from “going home.” They are given the option to proceed to the home page, or instead, learn more about the refugee crisis and how they can help, at the UNHCR landing page. Partner sites include Cebu Pacific and Elpidio Quirino.
The UNHCR has been working tirelessly to help the millions of refugees who have been displaced by conflict and persecution. But most Filipinos are literally and figuratively removed from the refugee crisis. MullenLowe Philippines understood that in order to maximize the impact of a campaign, something more than a social media campaign or website redo was in order. And so the idea of the UNHome Button was born. It mimics for Filipinos the experience of not being able to go home. MullenLowe helped forge partnerships with local websites and bloggers to transform their home buttons into tools for social change – home is no longer just a click away.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017