Area 23 Fights Child Abuse
Child abuse is an epidemic, with millions of children harmed every year.
Because 91% of abuse cases involve a parent or caretaker Area 23 had to look outside the home for help, to those on the front lines of childcare: school nurses. Unfortunately, even for these trained professionals, it’s difficult to discern between injuries caused by accidents, and those caused by an abusive parent or caretaker. This is reflected by the Department of Health and Human Services Statistics which estimate that 70% of child abuse cases go unreported.
To help nurses remain observant and report all potential abuse cases, the National Association of School Nurses needed a reminder that behind a seemingly innocent accident could lie a terrible truth. To achieve this goal Area 23 created a series of illustrated posters that hung in school nurses’ offices, constantly reinforcing vigilance.
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Web of Fries - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018