Area 23 Fights Child Abuse
Child abuse is an epidemic, with millions of children harmed every year.
Because 91% of abuse cases involve a parent or caretaker Area 23 had to look outside the home for help, to those on the front lines of childcare: school nurses. Unfortunately, even for these trained professionals, it’s difficult to discern between injuries caused by accidents, and those caused by an abusive parent or caretaker. This is reflected by the Department of Health and Human Services Statistics which estimate that 70% of child abuse cases go unreported.
To help nurses remain observant and report all potential abuse cases, the National Association of School Nurses needed a reminder that behind a seemingly innocent accident could lie a terrible truth. To achieve this goal Area 23 created a series of illustrated posters that hung in school nurses’ offices, constantly reinforcing vigilance.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017