FCB Encourages Kids to Read -- Before Using Their Mobile Devices
FCB New Zealand and FCB Mexico partnered to create “ReadOn,” for National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning. The app encourages every child to read, even just a little bit, before they can access their beloved tablets.
Read On is an app that ensures that every time a child turns on his or her tablet or mobile device, instead of seeing the home screen, they see a page of a children’s book. And, in order to get to the home screen, they have to read it. When they’ve finished the page (or more if they choose) they must answer a simple question to fully unlock the device. All the while, parents can monitor the child’s progress – how much they’re reading, how fast, and how long they’re spending on the device.
This app is especially relevant because according to a UNESCO study some children spend up to 4 hours on a tablet or mobile device, but less than one minute reading each day.
See how it's working for one family here or check out a more detailed app demo here.
The app was created by National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning, one of the world’s largest education publishers, and the Mexico and New Zealand offices of FCB. While originally created for the children in Mexico, the app is available worldwide in the Google Play Store.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017