IPG Presents 2016 Inclusion Awards
IPG is hosting its annual IPG Inclusion Awards program in New York City today. The event is co-sponsored by MERGE, IPG’s cross-agency collection of business resource groups, and will honor agencies and individuals from IPG’s global network that have shown leadership in advancing IPG’s goal of being one of the world’s most diverse and inclusive companies.
Comedian Al Madrigal will serve as the Master of Ceremonies and host. The awards program will include remarks from Michael Roth, IPG’s Chairman and CEO, and Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer. Hundreds of Interpublic agency and corporate employees are expected to attend the live event in New York with more viewing a national live stream.
“Moving the needle on diversity and inclusion continues to be an issue of paramount importance for IPG,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “We are proud of the work we are doing to promote inclusion – work that is exemplified by the individuals and companies being honored today. We remain, however, very aware that there is much work to be done. We are committed to continuing to devote resources to D&I so that we can continue to progress on this important journey,” he continued.
According to Heide Gardner, SVP and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, “The awards elevate efforts that are making a difference and offer a moment of celebration that we can share with the honorees. Although we have much more progress to make it is valuable to acknowledge how far we have come.”
Interpublic agencies and employees were invited to submit entries and receive acknowledgement for 11 award categories. Submissions were then judged by MERGE leadership.
The 2016 IPG honorees are:
- Community Partnership – FCB Health
- Inclusive Talent Cultivation – MullenLowe Profero
- Inclusive Marketing Initiative of the Year – The Martin Agency
- Communication and Education Initiative – Octagon
- Most Effective Diverse Consumer Insights – Casanova//McCann
- Supplier Diversity – Jack Morton Detroit
- Multicultural Agency/Practice of the Year – Casanova//McCann
- Most Inclusive Climate – Carmichael Lynch
- Individual Champion of Inclusion – Emma Perkins, MullenLowe Open
- Agency Champion of Inclusion – Carmichael Lynch
- Chief Diversity Officer/Human Resources Leader of the Year – Ed Huerta-Margotta, Carmichael Lynch
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017