McCann and the Ad Council Create PSA to Help End Children’s Hunger
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), one in five children in America struggle with hunger. And research shows that these children may be more likely to repeat a grade in elementary school; experience developmental impairments in areas like language and motor skills; or have more social and behavioral problems.
Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization, partnered with the Ad Council and McCann New York to launch a PSA designed to raise awareness about child hunger in the US. The PSA asks Americans to help children facing hunger by supporting the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks.
The new PSAs are an extension of the Hunger Prevention campaign, first launched by Feeding America and the Ad Council in 2008, and coincide with the launch of Feeding America’s largest annual awareness campaign – Hunger Action Month. The work was done pro bono by McCann New York, and feature the voice of Julianne Moore. The ads encourage audiences to visit www.FeedingAmerica.org/psa where they can take action to support children facing hunger.
"Every day we get to do things that help our clients reach their goals. But it's not often that a client asks us to help solve a world problem like ending childhood hunger in the US. We are humbled and grateful to be part of Feeding America's great work and proud to help the Ad Council address the most important issues of our time," said Grant Smith, Executive Creative Director of McCann New York.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018