McCann and the Ad Council Create PSA to Help End Children’s Hunger
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), one in five children in America struggle with hunger. And research shows that these children may be more likely to repeat a grade in elementary school; experience developmental impairments in areas like language and motor skills; or have more social and behavioral problems.
Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization, partnered with the Ad Council and McCann New York to launch a PSA designed to raise awareness about child hunger in the US. The PSA asks Americans to help children facing hunger by supporting the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks.
The new PSAs are an extension of the Hunger Prevention campaign, first launched by Feeding America and the Ad Council in 2008, and coincide with the launch of Feeding America’s largest annual awareness campaign – Hunger Action Month. The work was done pro bono by McCann New York, and feature the voice of Julianne Moore. The ads encourage audiences to visit www.FeedingAmerica.org/psa where they can take action to support children facing hunger.
"Every day we get to do things that help our clients reach their goals. But it's not often that a client asks us to help solve a world problem like ending childhood hunger in the US. We are humbled and grateful to be part of Feeding America's great work and proud to help the Ad Council address the most important issues of our time," said Grant Smith, Executive Creative Director of McCann New York.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017