McCann Torre Lazur Builds Awareness of Smoking Blindness
McCann Torre Lazur created #SmokingBlind, an anti-smoking campaign focused on the fact that smoking can lead to a permanent loss of sight. Many people are unaware that they could permanently lose their eyesight due to smoking. In fact, next to aging, smoking is the number 1 risk factor for irreversible vision loss and legal blindness known as macular degeneration. 76% of Americans don’t know about this link and research has shown that fear of blindness is a compelling motivation for smoking cessation.
McCann Torre Lazur created an experience engaging smokers and putting them eye-to-eye with the truth. With an iconic cigarette machine, smokers unknowingly made purchases only to discover the “packs” were covered with braille lettering. Inside each pack were experiential glasses that gave the sense of blindness that will claim the sight of more than 1 in 3 people.
The agency held 2 live events where smokers engaged with the cigarette machine and experiential glasses. They have created a website and have built a social media awareness campaign using the hashtag #smokingblind.
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Web of Fries - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018