Reprise Commerce released key findings on new post-pandemic shopping insights across the Asia Pacific from their second annual APAC consumer study, conducted across 15,000 consumers in Australia, China Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The latest research confirms that the retail landscape in APAC has evolved significantly since the onset of the pandemic, leading to accelerated growth in e-commerce. Shopping habits have shifted to adjust to the “new normal,” and many consumers who moved online out of necessity will largely sustain their online behaviors post-pandemic.
Five Key Insights:
- The APAC shopper is young, prosperous and extremely careful.
- The APAC shopper is mission-oriented and will buy everything from a pin to a piano online.
- Marketplaces have become irreplaceable in APAC, but most offer functional benefits only.
- True personalization is key to winning APAC shoppers.
- Payment methods show a clear divide in APAC’s banking and financial services.