Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals
In a first-of-its-kind collaboration between the advertising industry and Google in support of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, “Little by Little” leverages the power of YouTube and global influencers to mobilize Gen Z to carry out 2 billion acts of good.
Officially launching today, ”Little by Little” is rooted in the truth that exponential change can be made possible through the repetition of little acts by the largest generation on earth.
To kick-start the campaign, model and activist, Jillian Mercado, is featured in the anthem video which has already garnered more than 12 million views in just two weeks. She will be joined by a global roster of influencers that will share their stories, content and actions on YouTube and other social platforms, including Marissa Rachel, Roxy Rocks, Jessica Dante and Khushi Maheshwari. The voices of these global influencers will be amplified by a host of other creators in the U.S., U.K, India and Nigeria as they inspire user-generated content from their followers to “save the world in six seconds.”
This global campaign is from Common Ground – the initiative by the world’s six largest advertising groups to support the Sustainable Development Goals. In April 2017, the six founding members of Common Ground, Dentsu, Havas, IPG, Omnicom, Publicis and WPP alongside Wieden + Kennedy – with the financial, creative and logistical support of Google – came together under the banner “The Common Futures Project.” The initial direction was conceived in a “Hackathon” in New York drawing on resources from all agency partners and then developed further by a coalition of agencies including Sapient Razorfish, Ogilvy and Mediacom.
The Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations, Amina Mohamed commented on the campaign, “We have a blueprint for a better world – the Sustainable Development Goals. Little by Little is about young people around the world coming together to build a movement for success. It is based on a powerful notion. Yes, we face a lot of big problems – but we can start fixing them through a lot of small acts. Step by step, little by little, we will get to a better world.”
In a joint statement, the CEOs of the Common Ground partnership said, “Common Ground was born of the idea that, as an industry, we can set aside our differences to support the agenda of the 17 global goals. Little by Little is proof that this is not a theoretical ambition, but an achievable goal.”
In explaining their support for the project, Google spokesperson, Torrance Boon, VP Global Agency Development, commented: “Video can affect us like no other medium. It can educate, build understanding and even change the way we see our world. It’s exciting to see Common Ground’s Little by Little campaign come to life and we’re proud that YouTube’s platform and influencers will play a crucial role in spreading this important initiative.”
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018