McCann and Verizon Support LGBTQ+ Community and the Importance of Connections
McCann worked with Verizon to launch a new piece of content and campaign, timed to June’s Pride Month, which shows real coming out stories — something many people young and old struggle with. In addition, many LGBTQ+ people outside of the largest US cities feel disconnected and left out of Pride celebrations for many reasons. Knowing there are so many people who are unable to participate live in Pride celebrations, Verizon connected the community and allies across the country, by leveraging the power of its network.
The campaign’s landing page allowed fans to choose a bold background, video themselves and submit these films which were then aggregated and showcased for digital participation in Pride events.
Verizon has long been a supporter of the LGBTQ community. The company has partnered with PFLAG, the nation’s largest organization uniting families and allies with people who are LGBTQ, since 2002. This year, Verizon will donate $250K to the organization. Currently, Verizon also has a 100% rating from HRC, the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Americans.
Please see here for more information on how Verizon supports the community.
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- The Martin Agency and Hala Help Save Lives in Syria - Published on 09/06/2018
- McCann and Ulta Launch ‘The Possibilities are Beautiful’ - Published on 09/06/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Volunteers in Detroit Community - Published on 09/05/2018
- IPG Hosts 8th Summer Fair at Ronald McDonald House - Published on 08/30/2018