McCann and Verizon Support LGBTQ+ Community and the Importance of Connections
McCann worked with Verizon to launch a new piece of content and campaign, timed to June’s Pride Month, which shows real coming out stories — something many people young and old struggle with. In addition, many LGBTQ+ people outside of the largest US cities feel disconnected and left out of Pride celebrations for many reasons. Knowing there are so many people who are unable to participate live in Pride celebrations, Verizon connected the community and allies across the country, by leveraging the power of its network.
The campaign’s landing page allowed fans to choose a bold background, video themselves and submit these films which were then aggregated and showcased for digital participation in Pride events.
Verizon has long been a supporter of the LGBTQ community. The company has partnered with PFLAG, the nation’s largest organization uniting families and allies with people who are LGBTQ, since 2002. This year, Verizon will donate $250K to the organization. Currently, Verizon also has a 100% rating from HRC, the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Americans.
Please see here for more information on how Verizon supports the community.
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018