MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together
During an Autism Awareness Month event, Chris Smith visited the MRM//McCann Princeton office as a featured speaker and he made quite an impression. In fact, he made such a positive impression on the MRM//McCann team that he’s now a part of it.
Chris joined our MRM//McCann New York team through Creative Spirit, a nonprofit devoted to creating and supporting the successful placement of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDDs) at creative, forward-thinking companies. Shortly after the organization launched in September of 2017, MRM//McCann partnered with them, recognizing a shared mission of addressing inequality in employment for those with IDDs.
According to Kate MacNevin, MRM//McCann’s Global President and Chief Operating Officer, “We’re incredibly impressed with Creative Spirit and their efforts on behalf of people with IDDs. That dedication directly aligns with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our dedication to fostering an inclusive global community that’s safe, fulfilling and encouraging for everybody.”
After meeting Chris, MRM//McCann reviewed his resume and hired him as a human resources (HR) intern through the Creative Spirit program. He’s currently helping both HR and recruiting, focusing on scheduling, reference checks, greeting candidates, reporting, new hire/freelance paperwork and time sheets.
“Chris is a great example of how incredible our partnership with Creative Spirit has proven to be,” said Joyce Karel, President, MRM//McCann U.S. East. “He’s a fantastic addition to the team who continues to excel at all aspects of his job. He’s always eager, ready to learn, and very much valued by his coworkers.”
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018