Hill Holliday’s D&I Council Welcomes Collette Devitto
Collette Devitto, a young woman born in 1990 with Down Syndrome, had always created her own cookie recipes for fun. But time after time, when Collette applied for a job, she was repeatedly told she was "not a good fit." Collette was determined to open her own business and try to earn a living on her own. And so, Collettey’s Cookies was born.
With Collettey’s Cookies, Collette has created a global movement, and travels around the country to share her inspiring story. She encourages people to focus on their abilities rather than what they can’t do. She works to create change and to help the non-disabled population see abilities and start including and employing people with disabilities.
Collette shared her story with the agency, and talked about the challenges of starting and running a business. She answered questions, and of course, provided dozens of delicious cookies for the appreciative crowd.
- IPGLBT Releases Spirit Day Guide for Bullying Prevention - Published on 10/17/2018
- McCann London Brings Attention to Air Pollution with ‘Toxic Toby’ - Published on 10/17/2018
- BEN Hosts Civility in America Presentation - Published on 10/12/2018
- IPG and Huge Honored by UN Foundation - Published on 10/11/2018
- Orion Hosts Hispanic Heritage Month Program - Published on 10/10/2018
- MullenLowe SSP3 and Aruba Tourism Challenge Stereotypes in Love - Published on 10/09/2018
- FCB Inferno Shows Dads How ‘It All Starts Here’ - Published on 10/05/2018
- IPG Participates in Advertising Week Diversity Panels - Published on 10/03/2018
- McCANN MANCHESTER GETS BEHIND CHARITY SINGLE FOR BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION - Published on 10/03/2018
- IPG Leaders Speak at CCNY Event - Published on 09/28/2018