McCANN MANCHESTER GETS BEHIND CHARITY SINGLE FOR BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION
McCann Manchester got behind one of its employees - who is also a Grammy-shortlisted DJ, producer and writer - to help him launch a charity single featuring a sample of his own heartbeat to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, four months after having life-saving heart surgery himself.
The single, “No More,” was released on World Heart Day on September 29th by agency Content Designer Mike McGuinness - better known as DJ Lempo - who co-wrote and produced the single.
All proceeds from the single will go toward the British Heart Foundation’s funding for cardiovascular research in the UK.
Lempo underwent an emergency operation earlier this year to fix a potentially fatal heart condition that took years to diagnose, yet only a few days for a solution to be put in place.
Lempo used his iPhone to record the sound of the heart rate monitor before his surgery at the Royal Stoke University Hospital, and his own heartbeat after the operation using a stethoscope app. McCann Manchester helped produce the music video, which incorporates user-generated content from McCann employees as well as celebrities such as Ashley Taylor Dawson and Kieron Richardson and X-Factor winner Shayne Ward. The agency is also working to share and amplify awareness through social channels using the hashtag #NoMoreHeartbreak.
Leah Goodhind, Fundraising Manager for the British Heart Foundation, says, "we never cease to be amazed by the extraordinary ways people like Mike fundraise for the BHF and we're incredibly grateful to them for their efforts. Our supporters like Mike power our research, and this means we can ultimately go on to help save thousands of lives."
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Neon and National Autism Association Raise Awareness of Autism in Toddlers - Published on 04/03/2019
- FCB Mexico Brings Awareness to Down Syndrome - Published on 03/29/2019
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2019 HRC Corporate Equality Index - Published on 03/28/2019
- RAPPORT LAUNCHES SKY OCEAN RESCUE INITIATIVE - Published on 03/28/2019
- FCB New York and FDA Launch Video Game for XBOX - Published on 03/26/2019
- FCB Canada and Drug Free Kids Canada: "Practice Kids" - Published on 03/26/2019