IPG Mediabrands and Plano Drive Awareness of Myopia
IPG Mediabrands and Plano launched #SeePastTheScreen, a national pro-bono campaign to drive awareness of myopia in Singapore, known as “the myopia capital of the world.” The campaign uses the “square eyes” parable, which refers to how one can go “squared-eye” when watching too much television, to drive home the message that excessive device usage has been scientifically linked to a myopia (short-sightedness) epidemic. The campaign is running across OOH, Print, Digital, Television, Mobile, Radio and Social Media.
“Typically eight out of ten children in Singapore will suffer the affliction by the time they leave school” said Kelvin Eng Chief Marketing Officer Plano. Critically, the younger a child develops myopia the higher the chance of them developing high myopia which can lead to irreversible blindness.
“Our network has been working with Plano in a CSR capacity since June last year, impressed by the innovative approach they have taken to flip this problem into a solution.” said Leigh Terry, CEO IPG Mediabrands APAC
Terry continued, “All of the key stakeholders in this campaign are pro-technology, it’s the misuse of technology that is causing a major issue. As an industry with digital at the heart we recognize a responsibility to bring awareness to this. With #SeePastTheScreen we aim to help create a societal shift that will bring impactful change.”
“The social element of the #SeePastTheScreen campaign involves a call to action to post a selfie holding a smartphone in front of your eyes, to symbolize the message that we’re in danger of being blinded by our devices” said Matt Scotton, Chief Strategy Officer, Initiative APAC.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- Campbell Ewald Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Best Internal Communications Program - Published on 08/01/2019