McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’
In response to a youth-obsessed culture, where women over 50 still feel increasingly invisible, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue have partnered to launch “The Non-Issue” issue – a publication first, jointly-created by McCann London and McCann Paris to ensure that age should no longer be an issue.
“The Non-Issue” issue, which will be included within the May edition of British Vogue is in direct response to women over 50 remaining conspicuous by their absence in the beauty and fashion industries and the wider media landscape.
“The Non-Issue” issue features the iconic actress and L’Oréal Paris ambassador Jane Fonda on the cover alongside an exclusive interview. The special edition from the editors of British Vogue includes world-class editorial, fashion and beauty content, featuring the lives and perspectives of inspirational and trail-blazing women, all over the age of 50. Other L’Oréal Paris ambassadors featured within “The Non-Issue” include Helen Mirren, Isabelle Adjani and global celebrated make-up artist Val Garland, amongst others.
The special edition also features a global first QR code, for readers to access via Facebook Messenger exclusive behind the scenes content including the “The Making of the Non-Issue.”
“As a brand which has always championed and celebrated female empowerment at every age, it felt appropriate for us to join forces with one of the world’s most iconic fashion and beauty publications, British Vogue, in the shared belief that age is a “Non-Issue,” commented Pierre-Emmanuel Angeloglou, Global Brand President of L’Oréal Paris. This collaboration is the first of its kind and hopefully a first step in a global movement that helps us to normalize the subject of aging,” he continued.
“Ageism remains an often-overlooked form of discrimination; unconsciously accepted by so many in everyday life,” noted Charlotte Franceries, Beauty Team President at McCann Paris. This is why we felt the world’s leading beauty brand L’Oreal Paris and iconic British Vogue were the perfect platforms to help turn age into a non-issue. It’s time we all awoke from the inertia of everyday ageism.”
The May issue of British Vogue featuring the “Non-Issue” issue in partnership with L’Oréal is available via digital download and newsstands on Friday 5th April 2019.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019