FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign
In honor of Smokey Bear’s upcoming 75th birthday on August 9, FCB New York – along with the U.S.D.A. Forest Service, the National Association of State Foresters and the Ad Council – have teamed up to celebrate the nation’s favorite bear in an innovative new animated emoji campaign.
For 75 years, Smokey Bear has been recognized as a symbol of wildfire prevention, and FCB has developed Smokey campaign assets since his first introduction in 1944. But to make Smokey’s important message of wildfire prevention resonate even deeper, so that it’s heard throughout the nation, Stephen Colbert, Al Roker and Jeff Foxworthy are now lending their voices to this historic campaign – the longest-running public service initiative in U.S. history.
For years, through the voice of Academy-Award nominated actor Sam Elliott, Smokey Bear has only said five words: “Only you can prevent wildfires.” To complement this iconic catchphrase, Smokey’s friends are stepping up to say a bit more about wildfire prevention on his behalf and to help millions of Americans understand the importance of the issue, why they should care and that it’s not just about campfires anymore. Utilizing cutting-edge facial recognition and mapping technology, coupled with instantly recognizable celebrity voices, the animated emoji campaign has enabled Smokey’s famous friends to speak through him and further raise awareness of fire safety and wildfire prevention, in an effort to reduce the incidence of human-caused wildfires.
Smokey Bear’s message is as important as ever, as wildfires continue to be one of the most critical environmental issues affecting the U.S. On average, almost nine out of ten wildfires nationwide are caused by people. To learn more about Smokey Bear and wildfire prevention, visit SmokeyBear.com.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019