Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport
Jack Morton recently partnered with Chevrolet to create a series of experiences to empower the next generation of women leaders. The program, the second iteration of its successful “GoalKeepers” campaign, focused on the benefits of sport to girls. The theme, “Care. Don’t Care,” was created to encourage girls to pursue their goals.
The message was crafted as the result of new insights that reveal there are a number of barriers that cause girls to lose sight of their goals and to drop out of activities. The data points to the fact that girls are still disengaging with activities more traditionally associated with boys - dropping out of sports at two times the rate of boys by age 14 and losing engagement with science and math significantly at age 13 (from 66% to 32%). Yet research reveals that 94 percent of women senior executives played sports at a young age.
To address this, Chevrolet’s integrated program encourages girls to stay in the game, which fosters future success. The issue is close to GM which boasts several female senior leaders and was the first major automotive company in history to have both a female CEO and CFO. The Chevrolet “GoalKeepers” campaign continued this year with iconic brand partners including Manchester United (Man Utd.) and the Women’s Sports Foundation (WSF) as well as new authentic experiences including:
A week of activities was launched to challenge the girls, growing key skills and boosting confidence in their abilities and giving their parents the knowledge and tools to support them. Activities included:
- Workshops on topics such as confidence, social stigmas and sports and academia. The workshops were filled with interactive activities such as Shark Tank-style product development challenges and group training exercises;
- Team-building activities such as climbing and go-karting;
- Watching the Man Utd vs. Durham Women’s match along with a team meet and greet;
- On-the-pitch training with the Man Utd. Soccer School and a meet and greet with Man Utd. Men’s team;
- In-stadium experiences and introduction as mascots at a Man Utd. match against Fulham.
- A comprehensive workshop series in a number of markets across the U.S. occurred where the selected girls met with GM leaders, entrepreneurs and mentors to discuss STEM, soccer and overcoming barriers.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019