McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s
McCann Worldgroup in Europe, and MRM//McCann Frankfurt are working with the Alzheimer’s Society, to launch My Carer, an Alexa Skill, created to help improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people living with dementia in the UK. Globally, dementia is expected to affect 50 million people by 2020. The cost of caring for dementia currently is $818 billion/£627billion. McCann developed the skill together with Skilled, a digital studio dedicated to the development of voice assistant skills.
My Carer helps people living with early-stage dementia to follow their daily routine and retain their independence. Its function not only reminds them what to do, but also guides them step-by-step, through their daily tasks – how to take the medication, how to prepare their lunch, helping them to remember birthdays, or names of their loved one.
My Carer also works as a research tool by securely collecting data as people with dementia go about their daily lives. Researchers are exploring how patterns of behavior revealed in data can predict the progression of dementia symptoms. Combining this data with machine learning will enable My Carer to progressively tailor the support offered according to the needs of each individual and their carer.
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- Golin Partners with ColorComm on Included and Empowered Event - Published on 05/20/2019