McCann Athens/Fire Prevention
McCann Athens created a provocative spot to help raise awareness about fires in the Greek countryside.
Why Pro Bono?
Every summer, Greece suffers from massive fires burning down the Greek countryside.One of the worst examples occurred two years ago when a huge fire ruined the beautiful area around Ancient Olympia. Many of these fires are caused by mere neglect combined with a lack of awareness of how long it takes for a burnt forest to re-generate.
Wanting to make people realize that a burnt forest needs 30 years to become live and green again, McCann Erickson Athens created a spot for the Hellenic Ministry of Environment, Energy & Climate Change. The spot was posted on YouTube and circulated through Facebook and Twitter. It was also aired on Greek television during the summer months.
During the first ten days after the upload, the spot had nearly seven thousand views on YouTube. The spot also received a good deal of attention from the traditional media including high circulation Sunday newspapers and popular weekly press.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- Campbell Ewald Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Best Internal Communications Program - Published on 08/01/2019