Mediabrands Promotes STEM-Based Careers to Kids in London
As part of its partnership with OpenCo, IPG Mediabrands UK recently hosted London schoolchildren at its offices to showcase what awaits them in the world of work, while also focusing on how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects are applied at the world’s most innovative companies. OpenCo, is an innovative conference and media platform and this event was part of OpenCo Junior – a week-long series of events and experiences designed to inspire young people.
OpenCo Junior was created to provide students with the opportunity to experience innovation in its native habitat. At the Mediabrands event, students met with various professionals who spoke about the media business, providing interesting interactive challenges and discussing cool industry events like CES, in an effort to inspire them to consider more science and tech-based subjects. This event was run in collaboration with the UK Government.
Ella Goldner, co-founder of OpenCo London and Strategy Director at UM, said: “We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren – our future stars – so that they can learn and take inspiration from some of London’s most exciting businesses and entrepreneurs. We hope our Mediabrands session left the young guests full of ideas around where a career in media could take them.”
We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren –we hope they are inspired and full of ideas about where a career in media might take them.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- The Martin Agency and Hala Help Save Lives in Syria - Published on 09/06/2018
- McCann and Ulta Launch ‘The Possibilities are Beautiful’ - Published on 09/06/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Volunteers in Detroit Community - Published on 09/05/2018