Interpublic Earns Perfect Score on 2015 HRC Corporate Equality Index
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation announced that IPG received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2015 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. This is the fifth time that IPG has received a perfect score.
“As with all of our diversity and inclusion programming, our policies around LGBT are the right thing to do and are good for our business,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of IPG. “Time and time again, research shows us that companies that are diverse and inclusive are more successful in the marketplace. This is a very significant recognition of our formal policies, which are a key element of our D&I programming. We also support diversity through our other four actively engaged business resource groups. While we have a ways to go, we are making progress on our diversity goals,” he continued.
This November, IPG also led the industry by hosting a first-of-its-kind program on transgender issues in the workplace. IPGLBT, the business resource group for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender employees and allies across IPG agencies, partnered with L’Oreal USA and the advocacy group PFLAG to host “A Transgender Perspective: In and Out of the Workplace.” The program featured PFLAG’s Jean-Marie Navetta, Director of Equality and Diversity Partnerships; Cecilia C. Chung, Health Commissioner of San Francisco and Senior Strategist at the Transgender Law Center; Denise Norris, Lead for Transgender Workplace Inclusion at a global consulting company; Ally Castillo, Celebrity Make-up Artist/Beauty Stylist; and Nicky Despi of Baker & McKenzie and former Miss Asia NYC. The IPGLBT is one of the few business resource groups at any Fortune 500 company to be led by a transgender employee.
The 2015 CEI rated 972 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive healthcare benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community. IPG’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- The Martin Agency and Hala Help Save Lives in Syria - Published on 09/06/2018
- McCann and Ulta Launch ‘The Possibilities are Beautiful’ - Published on 09/06/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Volunteers in Detroit Community - Published on 09/05/2018