Lowe Lintas and Lifebuoy Help Children Reach Their Fifth Birthday
Lowe Lintas and Unilever’s Lifebuoy soap teamed up to create an awareness campaign around a global movement to teach good hand-washing habits. Each year, in India, over two million children die before their 5th birthday due to infections that can be prevented by simple hand washing with soap. The campaign was launched with a groundbreaking, 3-minute film, created by Lowe Lintas, that tells the moving story of a father’s celebration of his son reaching the age of five.
Thesgora, India has one of the highest incidences of diarrhea among children, and is the first village supported by this campaign. Since the implementation in 2013, mothers in Thesgora stated that diarrhea incidences fell from 36% to 5% in children under 5 years of age, as soap use went up from one to three times a day. Lifebuoy worked directly with school children, neonatal moms and community groups to encourage hand washing with soap at key occasions—before eating, after using the toilet and when bathing. Additionally, to date, 356,093 children have been reached through donations. Every time the film is shared, Lifebuoy donates 1 Indian Rupee.
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Carmichael Lynch Receives Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- FCB India Wins Inclusion Campaign of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- McCann Health London and Merck Launch ‘The Journey’ - Published on 08/14/2018
- Flipkart and Lowe Lintas Encourage Us to #Choose our Age - Published on 08/10/2018