IPG Named Best Place to Work on 2016 HRC Corporate Equality Index
IPG once again received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. In addition, IPG received the distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by HRC. This marks the seventh year that IPG has received a perfect score.
“In today’s business environment, successful companies must be resolute about their commitment to diversity and inclusion,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of IPG. “At IPG, we understand that an LGBT-inclusive workplace is key to providing a great place to work for ALL of our employees. Our D&I programming includes five business resource groups, all of which host educational and career-oriented events throughout the year, ensuring that employees across all dimensions of diversity are engaged and active at IPG, ” he continued.
The 2016 CEI rated 1,024 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community. IPG’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality. This year, 391 major U.S. businesses earned top marks.
The IPGLBT hosts networking events and programming throughout the year. Recent initiatives have included a program in celebration of Bisexual Awareness Week, IPGLBT’s first-ever luncheon that provided insights and best practices for marketing to the Bisexual community as well as “Spotlight,” a program for Pride Month that invited IPG agencies to display their exceptional creative work in the LGBT space.
Deena Fidas, HRC Foundation Workplace Equality Program Director said “In this 2016 Corporate Equality Index, hundreds of major businesses responded to our new standards for workplace equality with exceptional leadership. Interpublic not only meets these standards, it goes above and beyond the call of duty, making commitment to equality a fundamental aspect of its corporate values."
The IPGLBT is one of five business resource groups which also include the Asian Heritage Group, the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS, the Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group and the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN).
For more information on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- The Martin Agency and Hala Help Save Lives in Syria - Published on 09/06/2018
- McCann and Ulta Launch ‘The Possibilities are Beautiful’ - Published on 09/06/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Volunteers in Detroit Community - Published on 09/05/2018