MullenLowe Reveals Gender Stereotyping in Action
MullenLowe London worked with Inspiring the Future to create a film that reveals the reality of gender stereotyping amongst primary school children. Released exactly one week from International Women’s Day, the two-minute film highlights why we need to redraw the balance.
In the film, “Redraw the Balance,” three female “teachers” ask the students to draw a surgeon, a firefighter and a fighter pilot. The children drew 66 pictures in total, with only five depicting women. They are then asked if they would like to meet real-life versions of these drawings and are surprised when the women they thought were teachers return to the classroom in their uniforms revealing their true professions as a surgeon, a firefighter and a pilot.
Inspring the Future is urging people to share the film with friends and colleagues and raise awareness of how much needs to be done to tackle gender stereotyping. To make a difference volunteers can sign up here and pledge just one hour to chat with children about their careers.
“It’s our responsibility as working professionals, as well educators, to encourage and inspire young minds that the majority of jobs and roles today are available for women, and not just men. These young minds are our future,” commented Richard Denney, ECD of MullenLowe London
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- McCann Health London and Merck Launch ‘The Journey’ - Published on 08/14/2018
- Flipkart and Lowe Lintas Encourage Us to #Choose our Age - Published on 08/10/2018
- IPG AHG to Participate in Dragon Boat Races - Published on 08/10/2018
- IPG Holds First Interagency Runners’ Challenge - Published on 08/08/2018