IPG Sponsors the 3% Conference
For the third consecutive year, IPG sponsored the 3% Conference. This year, we were the exclusive partner of the Manbassador Track.
Michael Roth, IPG’s Chairman & CEO, kicked off the Manbassador Track to a standing-room only audience. Roth shared his belief that getting more women into leadership positions benefits everyone. He stressed that as an industry, however, we must also work to increase the participation rates for people of color.
“At IPG, women make up 24% of executive and management positions in creative departments across our U.S. agencies, well above the reported industry norm of 11%. IPG is glad to be leading on this issue, but there’s obviously still a lot of progress that we need to make. And to get there, we have to have men engaged in the conversation and to be part of the solution,” said Roth.
Research consistently shows that teams with broad experiences and inclusive cultures are more creative. Specifically, companies with the highest representation of women in leadership roles financially outperform companies with lower representation.
That’s why IPG has a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion, making significant investments in partnerships with groups like 3% Conference, as well as developing our programs for the IPG network. And it’s working.
The participation of women in management positions at IPG continues to outperform the U.S. ad industry and the general market overall, with 54% of our management positions held by women, versus 51% for the U.S. ad industry and 38% in the overall U.S. workforce.
Michael added, “Hiring amazing women in our creative departments doesn’t hurt either.” Just this year, FCB hired Susan Credle as Global Chief Creative Officer and Liz Taylor as Chief Creative Officer in its Chicago office. R/GA hired AJ Hassan (who created the award-winning “Like a Girl” campaign) to run the creative department at R/GA Chicago; and Campbell Ewald appointed Jo Shoesmith Chief Creative Officer, making her the agency’s first female to hold that title in that agency’s 105-year history.
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- McCann Health Japan Develops Washable Book to Teach Children the Benefits of Hand-Washing - Published on 01/24/2018
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018