WLN NY Hosts Young Women’s Tech Explorers
On July 21st, the WLN NY chapter hosted a working session for the The Young Women’s Leadership School of Astoria’s Tech Explorers, a summer program for girls aged 12-17 who are interested in technology. The program aims to provide exposure to technology/coding, graphic design and film-making for female students from underserved communities, and to give them the opportunity to explore New York City’s technology community. These young women have spent the summer developing their own apps, and they used yesterday's session to work with women from across IPG agencies to continue to develop and refine their ideas.
Thirteen women from across IPG agencies volunteered their time to work with thirty-five young women to get their apps to the next stage. The working session included helping the girls with code and design questions and showing them how to get their ideas into a storyboard for the commercials they're creating to advertise their apps.
As a wrap up to their summer program, the young women will be presenting their apps and commercials at Google!
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- Jack Morton Supports Times Up/Advertising - Published on 03/28/2018
- MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’ - Published on 03/21/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- L’ORéAL CANADA and McCann Show Every Woman is Worth It - Published on 03/15/2018