FCB Inferno and Unibet Launch ‘Queen Rules’ for International Women’s Day
On International Women’s Day, FCB Inferno is launching Queen Rules – a new way to play cards, where Queen outranks King. This campaign is designed to get the conversation about gender equality on the table.
With support from Unibet, the campaign will launch with simultaneous live events and tournaments of Queen Rules poker on March 8th in London, Stockholm, Malta with additional events to come. A social experiment film will be released on the same day.
Competitors will be playing with limited edition cards that celebrate powerful women of all different shapes and sizes, drawn by sixteen unbelievably talented female illustrators from womenwhodraw.com, a website that champions female illustrators – especially those of colour, LBTQ+ and other minority groups.
All proceeds from the live events and merchandise, including T-shirts, art prints and playing cards, will be donated to HeForShe, a solidarity campaign for the advancement of women initiated by UN Women.
The Queen Rules project started when a five-year-old girl questioned why King ranks higher than Queen in a deck of cards. This simple, yet powerful, idea is one way of sparking conversation around the unconscious gender bias that surrounds us – because sometimes the bias we don’t see, is as damaging as the bias we do.
The agency is challenging people everywhere to change how they think and play with the new rules. For examples of how to play, and which games work with Queen Rules, visit queenrulesproject.com or join the conversation with #QueenRules.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Presents Black History Month Event - Published on 02/28/2019
- Michael Roth Writes on Diversity in Campaign US - Published on 02/26/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018